Covenant Care encompasses three business lines that are an integral part of a patient’s continuum of care and work together to achieve excellence in patient care across California and Nevada:
- Skilled Nursing, Residential Health Care & Post- Acute facilities
- Home Health
- Therapy and Rehabilitation
We consistently outperform our peers in every CMS 5-Star Quality Measure, out-score our peers in every CMS 5-Star rating, and consistently achieve a 30-Day Readmissions rate lower than our peers.
We are Family Serving Families
Covenant Care is an equal opportunity employer.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) is responsible for assessing the patient for providing rehabilitative services to patients in the home who have hearing, speech and language, and/or swallowing problems in accordance with the physician’s Plan of Care and agency policies.
PRN opportunities available for the general areas of SAN JOSE and surrounding areas.
KEY JOB FUNCTION:
As part of the Elevate Home Health team, you will…
- Performs an initial assessment and evaluation of patient’s speech and language and reports evaluation findings to the physician and case manager promptly, and assists in establishing a plan of care.
- Plan for coordinated service for patients by consulting and working with other health care team members effectively and communicating schedules as assigned.
- Provides speech therapy services in accordance with applicable State, Federal, Medicare, Medi-cal and other regulations and standards.
- Provides individual and group staff education programs, to prepare nurses and other discipline to identify and assist patients with their speech, language, swallowing, and communication problems, as necessary.
- Counsels and teaches patients and their caregivers regarding patients’ speech and language disturbances and provides support and educational materials to promote progress.
- Assists in referring patients to speech clinics and other community agencies as needed.