POSITION SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to mange the MDS function and processes to : (1) maximize clinical outcomes for patients and residents, and (2)ensure timely, accurate and complete clinical and support documentation to enable the facility to be fully reimbursed by government payer sources for all services provided, by accomplishing the specific business goals.
This position also oversees the clinical planning and case management for skilled short term residents. Duties will include timley communication with patient insurances, resolution of care issues, and preparation for patient discharges.
KEY JOB FUNCTION:
- Coordinates the completion of assessments per the OBRA schedule and PPS schedule as appropriate.
- Conducts CAA's analysis to determine which problems require consideration for developing care plan interventions.
- Timely communication of findings and recommendations to Director of Nursing and Executive Director.
- Assist in developing a timely, accurate, and comprehensive care plan for each resident that is individualized with measurable objectives.
- Complete timely transmission of MDS assessments per company standards.
- Help plan the patients care through weekly meetings with physicians
- Send needed documentation to insurance companies
- Prepare patients for discharge while preparing equipment and needed services and coordinating with patient's physician.