CARSON NURSING AND REHABILITATION is one of Covenant Care’s 53 locations and is located in CARSON CITY, NV. We are seeking a Hospitality Aide who is responsible to provide basic Resident care to each of your assigned residents and assuring their safety. This is a FULL TIME position on the AFTERNOON shift.
KEY JOB FUNCTION:
- Performs only those care procedures that you have been trained to do.
- Ensure that residents rooms are ready for receiving the resident (i.e., bed made, name tags up, admission kit available, etc.).
- Greets residents and escorts them to their room.
- Introduces residents to his/her roommate, if any, and other residents and personnel as appropriate
- Completes inventory and marks the resident's personal possessions as instructed.
- Assists residents with packing their personal possessions when they are being transferred to a new room, or when being discharged.
- Transports residents to new rooms or to the receiving area.
- Assists with loading/unloading residents to/from vehicles as necessary.
- Makes beds as instructed.
- Puts extra covers on beds as requested.
- Answers resident call promptly.
- Checks residents routinely to ensure that their personal care needs are being met.
- Turns all medications found in the resident's rooms/possession over to the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse/Med Tech.
- Serves between meal and bedtime snacks as instructed.
- Checks rooms for food articles (i.e., food in proper container, unauthorized food items, etc.).
- Assists residents with identifying food arrangements (i.e., informing residents with sight problems of foods that are on his/her tray, where it is located, if it is hot/cold, etc)
- Demonstrate key competencies as required by the position and in accordance with State/Federal regulations.