Why Choose Pacific Coast Manor?
- 2015 AHCA Gold Quality Award Recipient
- 2013 AHCA Silver Quality Award Recipient
- 2010 AHCA Bronze Quality Award Recipient
- 5-Star Quality Award
- 2014 & 2015 US News Best Nursing Home in California
- Pinnacle Customer Experience Award
- Qualified and Excellent Care Givers
- Excellent Employee Benefit Package
At Pacific Coast Manor, we value our employees and appreciate the jobs they do. To show our appreciation, Covenant Care offers a competitive benefit package and positive work environment to our staff. The following is a brief highlight of a few of the company benefits currently available for full-time employees:
- Pacific Coast Manor pays the majority of employee medical coverage
- Choice of medical plan options for employees to select based upon preference
- YOU pay less for benefits as contributions for medical, dental and vision are pre-tax deductions
- Eight (8) Company paid holidays per year (includes employee birthday)
- Company paid vacation with an increased benefit based on years of service
- Six (6) Company paid sick days per year (can be carried over ear year to bank for future illness if needed)
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance with a $10,000 benefit
- Company paid time off to attend the funeral of an immediate family member
- Company paid Jury Duty
- Employee Assistance Program to help you remedy home-based problems like child care, stress management, etc.,
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Account, where the Company contributes 25 cents for every dollar you contribute up to the first 4% of your compensation
- Covenant Care offers several technology related discount programs for employees
Pacific Coast Manor has been hailed as one of the best Nursing Home not only in the county but on state and national level. We have received numerous citations and awards to have proven our mettle, to say the least—we know exactly what we are talking about and what we are doing. We are a Family Serving Families, this is a home away from home—where residents are treated like a family member by our close-knit employees and staff.
Our Covenant Care employees approach each day with our philosophy that "We Are Family Serving Families". This simple statement embodies our culture and surrounds all that we do from daily interactions with our patients to how we treat our patients, families and co-workers.
Covenant Care was founded in 1994 by healthcare industry professionals who wanted to create a company that would exceed customer expectations through quality care. Since then, our "Family" has grown to include over 8,000 healthcare professionals in over 57 healthcare and rehabilitation centers. We care for over 4,000 residents and patients in our facilities, which are located in California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Nevada, and Ohio. We take pride in the fact that we have sent over 8,000 patients home or to a more independent-living care setting over the last year.
What We're Looking For:
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct nursing care of assigned residents under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The LVN contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through techniques that support and achieve positive outcomes in patient care.
KEY JOB FUNCTION:
Provides accurate assessment, over-sight, and monitoring of Patients for quality medical management and early detection of changes in condition.
Responds promptly to evaluate and remedy Patient concerns and complaints; manages and documents accordingly.
Utilizes professional standards in performing basic assessment and clinical monitoring in accordance with scope of licensure.
Recognizes AND appropriately responds to emergent and significant change in condition; completes documentation as required.
- Effectively communicates accurate assessment detail, medical history, advanced directives, and availability of onsite services to physicians.
- Encourages Patients to participate in prescribed therapies, dietary regimen, and activity programs, as appropriate.