Pacific Coast Manor in Capitola, CA is looking for an Activities Manager to be part of their team. We are a 99 bed skilled nursing facility committed to providing short and long term care to residence in our community. We believe that there is a difference in skilled nursing facilities. The difference is not limited to our caregivers and our positive "can do" attitude. It includes our commitment to meet the needs of both our staff, residents and their families.
Why choose Pacific Coast Manor for your next career move:
- 5-Star Skilled Nursing Center as rated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid.
- American Healthcare Association Gold Award recipient
- Provide a supportive work environment to empower each employee to achieve their best.
- Paid Orientation and training program.
- Paid Vacation and Sick time.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits within 60 days of employment. Includes 401K and Life Insurance as part of the benefits package.
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to lead and manage the Activities function by utilizing all available resources to plan, organize, and direct a program of activities which is designated to meet in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests, and the physical, mental, and psychological well-being of each resident.
KEY JOB FUNCTION:
- Effectively lead and manage the Activities Department by planning, organizing, and directing a program of activities.
- Delegate authority, make job assignments, create tasks lists and set priorities to department personnel as appropriate.
- Provide range of activities that create value for and meet resident / patient expectations.
- Promote activities within and outside the facility that stimulate resident interests and well being.
- Coordinate the transport of residents to and from the activities as required.
- Ensures resident care plans are individualized, updated, accurate and timely.